Enter the chassis number of your SM and a description with pictures if you want

1972 2.7 Automatic Chassis # 00SB8350

Postby hydropneumatic » September 17th, 2014, 10:41 am

Norway in 2002
Miles: 122,000 km as of April 2011
Transmission: 5-speed
Exterior: AC 426 Rouge de Grenade
Interior: Black Leather
Owner Comments (translated from Norwegian)
saw my first SM in 1974 when I was relatively young. This large experience happened in Vardo, and is immortalized in this photo. The car belongs to member No 11 today was originally come to Norway as used imports in 1974, the car was originally sold in Spain.

In 2001, I go on to realize the boy dream - to own my own SM. The search is slow, in 2001 was £, $ and other European currencies unfavorable strong relation enough. A USD equaled 9.29 NOK, and I let a couple of very good SM'er escape there. Had a lovely 1973 IU of about 30,000 km laid back on hand in Geneva, but it was beyond established budgets (here I'd stretched me a little longer). Found as a man with three SM'er in northern Sweden, where I eventually imported one US Sold Rouge Automatique with the Grenade.

History

00SB8350 was produced in March 1972 and was a 2670ccm provided with Automatic gearbox (type Borg Warner T35).
The car was sold new in the United States in 1972, where it survived a hot and dry life up to 1990 Little is known beyond this.

After 20 years, it was in about 1990 imported to Sweden.
An engine failure in 1991 resulted in an engine swap, conducted by a SM expert in Ystad, so including a hydraulic primary chain tensioner (for Merak) was mounted.
Sold northern Sweden in 1992, upgraded electrical system and installed new carpeting in coupe'en and luggage.

Imported to Norway in 2001 This SM'en came out from the assembly line as a 2,7l automatique USA version, and is now 3,0L manual european. The transformation was not really planned, but came in stages.

Status

Over the years I've gotten help connect or even made a number of improvements. One does not sit down and calculate the expense, it just makes life with SM'en harder;)
In summary, this upgrades the SM'en has been through:

2003:
- SS exhaust fitted
- New steering rods hs

2004:
- The body totally stripped and varnished - a lot of work since American Creators have not been particularly careful and American paint type is not Overpaintable.
- Cut right down to the metal, many dents repaired professionally.

2005:
- New tires - Pirelli P4000 205/70 VR15 - good and affordable tires at the correct speed labeling.
- New rear bumper, upper (bulk)
- New window lift vs, factory-

2007:
- BW box out for overhaul - was not good. Slips into gear.
- The competent "expert" damages in addition paintwork of the car :(

2008:
- Motor torn out, new chains, combs, pushere and euro manifolds mounted.
- Overhauled automatic transmission for the 2nd time. Vehicle tested in summer 2008 Good engine but automatic transmission does not work properly. Giving up the cash.
- Purchased Aussie front mounted (plexiglass front US nose).
- Ignition123 installed, this works perfect in this edition. Should evidently not be suitable in IE version for any reason.
- Ignition123 can no longer be obtained. Luminition is an option.
- Purchased used manual transmission as well as all other necessary conversion gadgets from Germany.
- New headlights (6) purchased from SMcD
- Brand-backlight

2009:
- The car shipped to Stockholm, BW box out for the last time, converted to manual transmission - work done by Lasse.
- The cashier was unfortunately not well detected after installation, sorry for the car was now securely bolted together and the following was done:
- Replenished conversion to Euro-nose. (Aussie nose transmitted 00SD0557)
- Upgraded AC system.
- Improved power windows, power relay control terminal.
- Control of turn lights repaired.
- Restart the engine.

2010:
- Purchased even a manual gearbox from Görans delebil
- I change the gearbox itself this time and this seems perfect - the fourth changed in three years!
- New leather neck pillows
- Fixed seams in the passenger seat
- New glass front euros (factory-) mounted
- Watch repaired at Norwegian Speedometer Service
- eBay trading - from France arrive speedometer with km / h to replace miles / hrs
- LED lighting in dashboard

2011:
- Upgraded engine - 2995ccm with solid valves etc

2012:
- New floor covers and mats installed
- New hovedakkumulatorkule
- New bremseakkumulatorkule - original
- New suspension joints lower front suspension is now tight and silently
- Gas Bullets behind is refilled and valves mounted
- All oils changed - remember GL4 gear oil - not five!
- EU approved until June 2014.

2013:
- Powder coated rims
- Nyprepparert music system :)

This SM'en has participated in national Landstreff 2004, 2005, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013, and SM Suede hits 2005 (Amal), 2010 (Kolsva), 2012 (Healthy) and 2013 (Trollhättan). Participation with other SM on land hits in 2007 (Larkollen) and 2008 (Vaga).
1972 Citroen SM
5-Speed
hydropneumatic

Return to Registry