Glen Arm, Maryland
Oct 28, 2014
Sold $12,701 9 bids
Miles 36025
Transmission 5-Speed
Interior: Brown Leather
Exterior: Yellow
Seller Comments
fter 14 years of ownership my neighbor asked me if I would list his 1971 Citroem SM for sale. I am very familiar with this car as I have been the mechanic who has maintained it for the length of his ownership. Starting with the interior, this car has a very nice replacement headliner, good carpet, recovered dash, good original door panels and nice restored seats. The entire interior shows very well. All interior trim is complete, gauges all work (except the clock) as they were designed and in the center console is a non original but working am/fm radio. The interior needs nothing to use and enjoy as it is. All exterior glass is great and power windows work (slow but good) The mechanics on the car are good. Engine runs good and while temperamental when really cold, she idles and sounds great when she has a minute or so to warm up. Good oil pressure. No weird or scary noises. The carbs were recently cleaned and she has a new alternator. The transmissions shifts great but there is a problem with 5th gear. The car does not want to go into 5th. Could be a linkage issue or a tranny issue. 1 to 4 are fine. Car comes with a 30,000 mile spare transmission so it could be repaired or used as it is. The hydraulics lift the car as they should. All height settings work great (see pictures). steering is fine, brakes are a bit touchy but work. The body of this car is great ! Rust is not an issue. Lookaround and you will find a super solid rust free survivor. Most SM have some rust issues but not this one. Floors and underside are fantastic also. The chrome is fine, not show perfect, but really nice and straight. A workshop manual and original owners manual are included with the car. All 4 tires are new Pirelli with less than 200 miles on them. Fender skirts and hubcaps are also included and in nice condition.The original mileage is 36,025 KM which is roughly 22,384 miles.This is an overall very nice car that is ready for a new owner to enjoy.Citroen SM cars are rising in value very quickly at this time and decent cars are hard to find. This is a good, solid decent car. The owner is not happy to be selling but as he is now retired he wants to clean out the barn and sadly the SM is being sold.What this car needs most of all is to be used. The current owner has put less than 600 miles in 14 years ! Citroens love to be out and running and that is what this car needs. I know this car pretty well and will be glad to answer all the questions that I can. Send me an email and I can call or write back as soon as possible. Thank you...Phillip
On Oct-27-14 at 07:07:13 PDT, seller added the following information:
Hi, I have had quite a few questions and I thought i should answer some ;

1.overseas shipping; I do not know the price to ship. The bidder should call a shipping company and get a price. I am close to the Baltimore harbor and car can be shiped there with minimal cost. Every country is a different price so I really can not give a accurate price.

2.I have had many emails in regards to buying the car and driving her home. I would strongly not recommend that. This car has only traveled 400 miles in the last 14 years and should be checked out top to bottom before a trip. This is too nice a car to have sitting along the road , picked up by someone who never even heard of a Citroen, and repaired by a guy who works on KIAs all day. The car needs to be used on local trips and get any potential bugs out.

3. Sadly I was too dumb to put engine photos in the ad. When I went to add some later I could not figure out how to do so. I will be glad to send some engine shots. Just send a mail and Ill get them to you.

Thank you...Phillip
Attachments
$_57 (15).JPG
$_57 (15).JPG (314.46 KiB) Viewed 22611 times
$_57 (16).JPG
$_57 (16).JPG (290.61 KiB) Viewed 22611 times
$_57 (17).JPG
$_57 (17).JPG (331.5 KiB) Viewed 22611 times
$_57 (18).JPG
$_57 (18).JPG (253.48 KiB) Viewed 22611 times
1972 Citroen SM
5-Speed