Postby hydropneumatic » September 1st, 2014, 8:48 pm

Ebay
Kenvil NJ 07847
Miles: 33597
Transmission: 5-Speed
Exterior: Blue
Interior: Brown
Seller Description
Hello I bought this a couple years ago from a friend who bought the car when it was a year old back in 1973. He drove it until 1977 then garaged the car. It sat in the garage until he need the garage space and bought a new cover and it sat the last 3-4 years out side on a paved driveway with a car cover on it. He was moving and offer me the car. He explained that he never knew the car was hit in the back at least that is what he thought when it was brand new and the whole back of car was replaced from a donnor car.....to his disappointment. I would not of believed it myself but the car is blue and I can see gold paint under the blue on the quarters and roof? I have had the car a couple years and will never get to working on it. Today I put it on a lift to see what the deal is about it being fixed years ago. I have to say I can not figure out what was done completely and who ever did the work was a expert as I can see a cut on the floors but can't tell what was done. Or if the cuts are factory seams or not. The underside is in great shape. I did not try to start the car as it has sat 35 years untouched. I can not even figure out how to turn the motor by hand? The hood has a slight bend and the prop rod is broken. One skirt is in trunk. Tires hold air one goes flat in a long while , they are dry rotten. Anyway I'm sure this would make a great parts car. I have a clear title in my name and it will be filled out with the new buyers name. The car is sold as-is with old body ,frame, etc repairs, and not knowing if anything at all works or if engine is frozen from sitting. The car must be picked up in Kenvil NJ 07847. I can be reached at 1-973-525-0100 for questions. On Dec-02-11 at 04:41:51 PST, seller added the following information: Hello, I work long hours and no one has been allowed to come and see or purchase the car out side of ebay. To be fair to all that have asked the reserve is $2000. I will not stop the auction. The car will be there to the end for those that are bidding. Also I was asked to put the car in forth gear and rock the car to see if the motor is free. I do not think that would be a good idea because the car sat untouched since 1977 and it has a Maserati engine with a 5 speed trans. I would think it would be better to fill the cylinders and let it sit ......then try to see if it is free. Rather than hurt anything just to see if it is free now. I think a engine expert would agree. The engine may or may not be stuck from sitting. The shift lever moves and shifts the trans fine. Title is clear, again it looks like the car had major body / chassis / frame repairs. I am not an expert on these cars. The car was always garaged or covered with a car cover. Last payment will be cash on pick up only. No other payment will be accepted. The car must be picked up with in one week of the auction ending or car will be re listed, or sold to some one else. Unless you call and make other arrangement's before biding/ winning the auction. Buyer will set up all shipping arrangements. My phone number again is 1-973-525-0100 Thanks for looking.Photos tell the rest. This car is sold in as is condition for parts or to fix up. There is no warrantee or Guarantee expressed or implied. I have the clear title in my name which will be filled in with the new buyers name at time of pickup. Payment is Cash and only cash, no exceptions. This must be picked up here in Kenvil NJ 07847( North NJ) 10 mins from Exit 30 off RT80 , 40 mins from NYC or the PA Gap. Please, if you bid, it is to purchase the car, not to come a look and decide if you want it. On Dec-02-11 at 04:48:05 PST, seller added the following information: Hi, I wanted to add. The driver side window has been in the down position since 1977. Proof that the car has sat in a dry garage or covered all these years. If transported in the rain you may want to have a piece of plastic taped over the open window.
Attachments
i320802737364.jpg
i320802737364.jpg (26.74 KiB) Viewed 5507 times
1972 Citroen SM
5-Speed
hydropneumatic

Return to Auction Results