Sold: $2202
Londonderry, New Hampshire USA
Miles: 38,000
Automatic transmission
Exterior: Brown
Interior: Brown Leather
Chassis #00SB4345 included as part of the sale
Seller Description
ou are bidding on a VERY rare 1972 Citroen SM. This car was Car and Driver "Car of the Year" in 1972. There are less than 800 SM models left in the US and if you win this auction- you can own 2 of them (One being a parts car).

Engine:

This car is equipped with a Maserati 6 Cylinder three carb dual bbl motor. All aluminum DOHC very impressive motor. Citroen bought Maserati in the early 70s and took advantage of the famous engines and built this car around it. This particular motor was running about 11 months ago and will start right back up with very little attention, battery/gas etc.

Transmission:

The automatic transmission was rebuilt by the previous owner's shop and in very good working order. The SM transmission is about the only "normal" part of the car. It has a Borg-Warner 3 speed automatic that actually out-performed the 5 speed manual.

About the car:

The Citroen SM again was one of the most innovative cars ever built. If you are new to the Citroen world here is all you would want to know: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Citro%C3%ABn_SM

The car's hydraulics are operational, the frame is solid and there is ZERO visible rust on the car. As for the interior- it needs some help, the seats and the carpets are in need of recovering, the parts car's interior is a little better which I will include. I will pull all of the parts you want off of it and include if you do not want to ship the entire parts car.

THIS IS FOR THE EXTRA PARTS CAR ONLY: As for the black parts car in photo- it is yours to take but will be tough to ship. There is no front end or drive train. Just call us or email, I would strip the interior and load it into the other car and ship that way.

Back to the main car: It is complete and needs very little to get back on the road but it is a project car and I would expect whoever gets it to go through all the systems as it was sitting for 4 years and started very seldom.

Car currently doesn't have a title but if you have a state where that is an issue then I can acquire a New Hampshire one for you.

The Photos:

You are bidding on the Brown car in the snow, which is the main car. The black car is included if wanted (read above) and the photos of the clean brown SM IS NOT THIS CAR but certainly could be with a little help.

Please ask any questions prior to bidding- we are happy to answer them and get any other photos.
Attachments
$_33.JPG
$_33.JPG (50.22 KiB) Viewed 5934 times
$_32.JPG
$_32.JPG (68.04 KiB) Viewed 5934 times
$_31.JPG
$_31.JPG (61.34 KiB) Viewed 5934 times
$_3.JPG
$_3.JPG (40.59 KiB) Viewed 5934 times
$_34.JPG
$_34.JPG (64.35 KiB) Viewed 5934 times
1972 Citroen SM