Listed Again May 20 2014
Sold $2100 10 Bids
Tecumseh, Michigan USA
Miles: 72,501
Automatic Transmission
Exterior: White
Interior: Brown
Seller Description

Sheetmetal condition is good ( no thru rust that I can see, there is a damage on passenger side of the lower valance). Paint is faded with light surface rust here and there.

No cracks on glass.

The upholstery of the seats is dry and hardened so, either needs the seats re-upholstered or treatment with leather conditioner like Leatherique. Door panels, rear seat side panels and back of front seats are good. Headliner is in good condition, There are two cracks on the top of the dashboard.

As far as mechanics, there is no visible engine damage that would indicate a catastrophic failure of any motor component. However, at this time motor seems to be seized which I was told it is pretty typical for this motor given the amount of time it had not run (seems like it last run in 1988).

Gearbox and hydraulics cannot be tested. Gearbox shifts and when in neutral the car rolls pretty easily. I would say it is safe to assume the suspension spheres need to be replaced.

As far as parts missing what I know is LHM reservoir cover, the trunk light cover, the dome light cover, driver’s floor mat, the antenna motor and the passenger power window motor. Although not shown on the pictures I have the alternator, coils and air filter box.

In the time I owned it never ran nor I have attached a battery to check the electrical system. The few maintenance records I have seems to point out to an electrical problem in the ignition system as to the reason why it was parked but this is just an educated guess based on the well known ignition problems with the SM.

Car has a clean MI title under my name, original O&M manual and full set of keys,

Local pick up only either by buyer or transportation company hired by buyer.
Attachments
$_57.JPG
$_57.JPG (270.74 KiB) Viewed 6208 times
$_58.JPG
$_58.JPG (372.91 KiB) Viewed 6208 times
$_59.JPG
$_59.JPG (408.7 KiB) Viewed 6208 times
$_50.JPG
$_50.JPG (410.21 KiB) Viewed 6208 times
1972 Citroen SM
5-Speed
hydropneumatic